Sunday, December 30, 2012

There and Gone:

In a classic tale, where you are in a state of 'disagreement' with your best friend, for so long it's ridiculous, and then you realize you are going to cater the food for you best friends mother's funeral......yes, this is one of those stories.

I don't even know where to start with this one. Donna was friend and was a connection for me. She is the deep mothering type. She understood those who were 'different'. Not so many mother's understand what it's like to raise children who are 'connected'. But Donna did, and he was a friend. Was. Is. So many emotions, so many feelings...so old they are. Tonight I sit here as a friend, aching for another friend, who is hurting beyond words that his mother has passed. Old emotions, anger, whatever it is, it cannot compare to the pain of this. The lose of your mother.

I shake as I write this, as I do not have this magic relationship with my mother. As of now, we are not speaking. I hope this is a temporary thing, we are at a difference of realities right now. I long for this to be a temporary thing, but it is out of my control. Alas, this isn't about me. 
It is about two beautiful souls who have left us this week. I have been emotionally overwhelmed by the whole thing.The irony of it all is the absolute dichotomy of the two deaths within in 48 hours. One, a random head-on collision, snuffing the life of a vibrant young women and her husky pup; the other mother nature drawing out the last breath of a valiant soul...

Perhaps there are some who find peace in this. Perhaps this is just another couple of funerals. Perhaps. But not for me. Two beautiful souls left our earth and I want to be sure to recognize them.

Linden:
You had a fire in you so deep, a soul so bright,  you will continue to shine no matter what  <3

Donna: I am so blessed to have known you. You taught me more about parenting and unconditionally loving than you know. 

Thank you both for being such memorable friends to me. Your spirits will continue to shine bright within my heart.

Peace and Love

  


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of so much at once. There is a peace that comes. Maybe not now, but it will. Grieve, that is a way of honoring them. To say that they were important. And that they mattered. Mourn and pour it all out and in the end you will be left with the loving memories for two beautiful souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang, I am so sorry for the recent tremendous losses you have endured. Know that each day you go onward and upward as a tribute to them and keep them in your memory. Why they made you smile, cry, laugh..... everything. No one can take that away from you. No one, nothing.... not even death. You still kept it together for your friend and her mother doing one of the things you do best. You are an awfully strong woman and I feel blessed knowing you. My condolences to you for your loss and my prayers to you to heal.

    ReplyDelete